35 of 40 lifestyle | when kids turn 18

posted in: Posts | 0

they are considered a legal adult. You have no legal rights over them. In 1976, when my brother was hit by a car on his motorcycle and wound up in a coma when he was 18 I’m guessing things were different. Today, it is highly recommended to get a power of attorney and a medical directive ($475 +/-) over kids when they turn 18. If something terrible should happen like they end up in a coma from a surfing accident or trip at Stage Coach you want to be able to take care of them. These two documents put you in charge at the hospital and with contract legalities such as college apartment & auto leases, etc. Unfun things to think about I know! xo, Laurie

Leave a Reply